Report of President of Radcliffe.

The annual report of President Briggs of Radcliffe College has just been issued. In it President Briggs emphasizes the fact that the college, though unencumbered by debt, is largely dependent for its running expenses on tuition fees, and there is, therefore, a small annual deficit. A large, unrestricted fund to be used chiefly for instruction is much needed. The report also dwells upon the need of a larger library. The present one is far too small for the growing demands of the college. Even more important than a library, however, is the need of another dormitory. The college has one dormitory, Bertram Hall, which accommodates only 25 students. In closing his report President Briggs says: "Among women's colleges Radcliffe College stands alone, for it has put into the education of women the best traditions of Harvard University. Its life is high and simple. That it is strong intellectually and morally even its enemies, if it has such, would admit. Those who know it best know that it is also strong humanly."