LACROSSE TEAM PLANS

Meeting in Lower Massachusetts Wednesday Night.--Practise starts Thursday.

A meeting for all candidates for the University and lacrosse teams will be held in Lower Massachusetts next Wednesday evening at 7 o'clock. Captain Phillips, J. A. Sayler 3L., and Trainer McMaster will speak. Practice will begin on Thursday in the handball courts at the rear of the Gymnasium, which will be cleared of snow for the purpose.

The work at the Gymnasium, which will be preliminary in character, is designed to get the experienced men into good physical condition, and to ground new men in the rudiments of the game. Practice will at first consist of indoor courts. Candidates will be divided into University and Freshman squads. The University squad will be coached by Captain Phillips and J. A. Sayler 3L., a former Johns Hopkins player who coached last year's team during the later part of the season. W. D. Hutchinson sC., a former member of the Oxford University team will have charge of the Freshman. Personal attention will be given to all new men and every effort made to place them, in the rudiments of the game, on an equality with the experienced players when the field work starts.

As soon as the ground on Soldiers Field permits outdoor playing, practice will be held on the Stadium field. Provisional first and second teams will be picked early in the season, in order to develop team play before the southern trip begins. Immediately after the southern trip a University training table will be started. The class games will probably be played during the last week in April.

The southern trip, which will be taken during the April recess, will this year include games with John Hopkins, University of Virginia, MT. Washington Club of Baltimore, Swarthmore and the Crescent Athletic Club of Brooklyn. The Inter-University schedule will begin soon after the recess, and will include games with Columbia and University of Pennsylvania at Cambridge have renewed their invitation, extended after the visit of the Oxford-Cambridge team to this country in 1903, for a return game or games, to be played in England next summer. If games can be arranged with other English teams, and satisfactory arrangements made for expenses, it is possible that the University team will make the trip.

Prospects for a strong team this year are good, despite heavy losses by graduation. Six of last year's team are in the University and are eligible, and several good players from last year's Freshman team are available. The members of last year's championship team who have returned are : W. A. Phillips '05, P. H. Adams '05, E. D. Hays '05, A. W. Rico '05, J. O. Balley '06 and S. Smith. Among the other players of ability are: H. P. Pratt '05, F. G. Goodale '05, F. W. Woad '05, T. D. Sloan '06, F. P. Summers '06, H. W. Embry '06 and W. S. Mendel '06.