Result of Class Lacrosse Games

The Juniors defeated the Seniors yesterday in the first game of the interclass lacrosse series by a score of 2 to 1. In the first half the Seniors, who lacked team work and ability to shoot accurately, were unable to penetrate the strong defense of the Juniors. The only goal was made by Mendel for 1906 on a pretty shot from a difficult angle. The Seniors strengthened their attack in the second half and kept the play for the greater part of the time in the Juniors' territory, but owing to the very strong defense of their opponents near the goal, failed to score more than once. Phillips, Adams and Pratt played the best game for 1905; and Summers, Mendel, Bailey and Sloan for 1906.

In the second game the Sophomores defeated the Freshmen by the score of 5 to 1. The Sophomores won through superior team play and a strong attack. Time and again Prizer and Wendell would carry the ball almost the entire length of the field by clever passing and running. Tucker, at goal, also did good work. The Freshmen played well at times but showed lack of experience. Prizer, Wendel, Ackerman and Tucker played the best game for the Sophomores, and Barber, Francis and Wellman for the Freshmen.

The final game of the series will be played between the Juniors and Sophomores tomorrow afternoon at 3.30 o'clock on Soldiers Field.