1908 DEFEATED 1907

In the Interclass Baseball Game Yesterday by the Score of 4 to 2.

In the second game of the interclass series the Freshman baseball team defeated the Sophomores by the score of 4 to 2. Numerous errors, three of which were made in the ninth inning, and inability to bunch hits at the right time accounted for the Sophomores' defeat. Greene, although striking out ten Freshmen, gave four bases on balls and allowed six hits, two of which were for two bases.

The Freshmen opened the scoring the second inning, when an error, a base hit, and a two-bagger by Stephenson brought in two runs. Another run was made in the third inning, when Pritchett, after getting his base on balls, stole second, and came in on Foxter's error. In the same inning the Sophomores' first run was made by Greene, who reached first base on an error, second base on a passes ball, and scored on Thomas' error. In the eighth inning the Sophomores made three hits, but scored only one run. In the ninth inning the Freshmen scored one more run on two hits and three errors.

The score by innings: Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 r.h.e. Sophomores,  0  0  1  0  0  0  0  1  0--2 6 7 Freshmen,  0  2  1  0  0  0  0  0  1--4 6 4