Fair Basketball Practice

In the practice in the Gymnasium last night, the University basketball team defeated the second team by the score of 28 to 7. The work of the University team showed general improvement and was encouraging. The men were more accurate in passing and more sure at making baskets, especially from difficult positions, although on free tries several easy chances were missed. In speed and team play the work was better, especially in the second half, when the second team was completely outplayed and unable to stop the rushes of their opponents.

In following up and covering the opposing players the university team is still a little weak. This fault, and that of holding the ball too long is being corrected gradually, and improvement in both these regards was noticeable last night.

The line-up as follows: UNIVERSITY TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Quigley, l.f.  r.f., Moore Broun, r.f.  l.f, Brooks Amberg, c.  c.,  Miles (McCarty) Burnham, l.g.  r.g., Lupien Griffiths, r.g.  l.g., Clark

Score--University team, 28; Second team 7. Baskets from the floor--Griffiths 3, Amberg 4, Broun 3, Burnham 1, Quigley 3. McCarty 2. Baskets on fouls--Brooks 3.