SENIORS WON FOOTBALL

Defeated Sophomores, 11 to 0, in First Class Game.--Next Game Wednesday

In the first game of the interclass football series played yesterday afternoon, the Seniors defeated the Sophomores by a score of 11 to 0. The next game will be played between the Seniors and Juniors on Wednesday.

The Senior team was the heavier and played a fast and aggressive game. Burns, as fullback, made the two touchdowns and kicked the one goal. The Sophomores showed lack of practice, but Allen, as centre, and the men in the backfield did excellent work.

The Sophomores kicked off to the Seniors' 20-yard line. After a short gain the Seniors punted and the ball was caught by Kelly in the centre of the field. He made a 20-yard run, but the Seniors regained the ball on downs. By straight rushes they advanced into Sophomores were penalized for off-side plays. The Seniors were checked on the 10-yard line, but gained first down, and pushed Burns over for a touchdown. He failed to kick the goal. For the rest of the half neither goal-line was threatened.

In the second half both teams fought hard and the ball changed sides frequently. Finally by a series of steady gains the Seniors advanced the ball from the middle of the field and Burns again went over for a touchdown, also kicking the goal. During the rest of the game the Sophomores were entirely outplayed and time was called with the ball on their 10-yard line.

The summary:

1907.  1909.Wendell, Dick, l.e.  r.e., FieldJenkins, l.t.  r.t., JonesIrving, l.g.  r.g., Rawson, WareWellington, c.  c., AllenDearborn, r.g.  l.g., MurphyIreland, r.t.  l.t., BurnhamNichols, Thompson, r.e.  l.e., DanaSortwell, q.b.  q.b., CampbellBrennan, l.h.  r.h., McLaughlinCraft, r.h.  l.h., Kelly, BradleyBurns, f.b.  f.b., Crowel