Hockey Team Defeated Roxbury

The University hockey team defeated the Roxbury Hockey Club on the Stadium rink Saturday, by the score of 15 to 1. At the end of the first half the score stood 11 to 1, but in the second period Roxbury's defensive work was better, and the aggressiveness of the University team weakened noticeably.

Because of the failure of the men on the Roxbury team to cover their opponents the University forwards were able to advance the puck almost at will, but they often failed to score because of poor shooting. The passing of the university team showed little improvement, and most of the points were made through individual work. Although the men followed back better than at any time this season they seldom kept their position when near their opponents' goal. The team showed great improvement in body checking., Owing to the inability of the Roxbury forwards to keep possession of the puck the University defense was not given a severe test.

In the second half Roxbury's defense materially strengthened and, owing to this improvement and to the loose playing of the University team, only four more goals were scored. Frequently the university forwards would carry the puck down the ice only to lose it through careless stick work and listless passing.

The summary: HARVARD.  ROXBURY HOCKEY CLUB. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Brandt Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Davis Macleod, r.c.  l.c., Van Amring M. Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Brown D. Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Miller, Carlton Willetts, p.  p., Cossetti Ivy, g.  g., Carpenter

Score--Harvard, 15; Roxbury Hockey Club, 1. Goals--Macleod 4, D. Newhall, M. Newhall 2, Pell 2, Townsend 6, Van Amring. Referee--J. Lovering. Time--20-minute halves.

Following the game with Roxbury the University team won from a team made up of graduates and second team players by the score of 3 to 2, in a practice game of two 10-minute periods. Although the University team had just played one game this disadvantage was offset by the lack of practice and team play of the graduates.

The was no change in the line-up of the University team and the graduates lined up as follows: l.e., Goodridge; l.c., Lovering; r.c., Winsor; r.e., Foster; c.p., Fraser-Campbell; p., Marshall; g., Canterbury.

Goals--Fraser-Campbell, Macleod, d. Newhall, M. Newhall, Winsor.