Trials for Freshman Debating Team

The first trials to select the Freshman team to debate against Exeter will be held this evening at 7.30 o'clock in Upper Dane. Each man will speak for five minutes on either side of the question, "Resolved, That the labor union principle of the closed shop is justifiable and should be supported." It is planned to retain six men at this trial who will be divided by lot into two teams to debate in the final trials on Tuesday, but if a sufficient number of promising candidates try for the team, 12 men will be retained, and three trials will be held. A. Tulin 3L., W. M. Shohl 1L., and G. J. Hirsch '07 will act as judges at the trials this evening.

All candidates for the team must hand in their names to W. M. Shohl 1L., Thayer 26, before 2 o'clock today. The order of speaking will be posted in the Reading Room of Gore Hall at 3 o'clock. Several books on the question will be reserved in the English 30 case in the Reading Room, for the use of the candidates for the team.

A. Tulin 3L. will coach the team for the debate, which will be held at Exeter shortly after the April recess.