Association Football Season Over

During the past season the University association football team has played but three games, two of which have been lost. Two more scheduled games were lost by default.

On March 31 the team lost its first game of the season to Haverford by the score of 3 to 1. The game was played in a snowstorm on unfamiliar ground and thus gave greater chances of victory to Haverford. The University team won the next game on April 7 against Fort Warrens, Boston Harbor. In this game, which was not an intercollegiate match, the team played well together and easily succeeded in making four points and preventing Fort Warrens from scoring.

On April 14 the University team played a close match with Pennsylvania on Soldiers Field, but lost to superior team play and more accurate shooting. Last Saturday the match with Columbia was cancelled on account of the inability of some of the men to take the trip to New York. It would have been impossible to foretell the outcome of the game, but Columbia has had a very strong team throughout the season and played a tie game with Haverford on April 7. The game with Cornell scheduled for yesterday was also cancelled.

The standing of the Interecollegiate Association Football League is as follows:   Won  Lost  Draws  Points Haverford  3  0  1  7 Pennsylvania  3  1  0  6 Columbia  1  1  2  4 Cornell  1  2  1  3 Harvard  0  4  0  0

Two points are counted for each game, won, and one point for each draw.