University Catalogue for 1906-07

The University Catalogue for 1906-07, which will be issued today, is slightly larger than last year's, having 851 pages. The registration as shown in the Catalogue for this year was printed in the CRIMSON of January 9.

Although there is not much new matter in the Catalogue, the arrangement of the departments under special headings has been made in order to make it easier to find information. The department of the College and the Scientific School may be found on pages 331 to 403, and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences on pages 404 to 413. Full information on the two new departments of the Graduate School of Applied Science and the Afternoon and Saturday courses for Teachers will be found on pages 414 to 427 and 526 to 527 respectively. The Graduate School of Applied Science in addition to granting the degrees of Mining Engineer and Metallurgical Engineer, will award the degrees of Bachelor in Architecture, Bachelor in Landscape Architecture, Master of Science in Forestry, and Master of Science in Physics, in Chemistry, in Zoology and in Geology.

On pages 353 and 354 instead of the terms of admission to Harvard College and to the Lawrence Scientific School being stated separately, the distinction is made between candidates for the degree of A.B. and S.B. respectively. Special notice is given on page 356 to candidates for the degree of S.B. entering in 1907 that they may either register in the Lawrence Scientific School on one of the four-year prescribed programs, or register in the College where in general they may have the same freedom in electing studies as candidates for the degree of A. B.

The registration of all the students in the University may be found on pages 34 to 243. All special students trying for the degree of S.B. have registered in the College. In the registration of the College the capital letter A has been placed opposite the names of candidates for the degree of A.B., and the capital letter S opposite the names of candidates for the degree of S.B.

The Catalogue has complete information on all departments of the University. It contains the University calendar for the year and a detailed list of courses. It is on sale at the Co-operative, the University Book Store, Thurston's, and Amee's for 50 cents a copy.