HARVARD VS. BROWN

Basketball Team Plays at Providence at 8.--Chances Favor Harvard.

The University basketball team will play the fifth game of its schedule with Brown at Providence this evening at 8 o'clock. Brown has defeated Wesleyan 23 to 22, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 26 to 17 and Trinity 29 to 14. Last Saturday, however, the Brown team lost to the University of Pennsylvania by a score of 19 to 27, and although victorious in the game with Trinity on Wednesday, it showed a noticeable decrease in team work and vigor of play. The University team, on the other hand, during the past week has greatly improved in basket shooting, team play and strength of defense.

The line-up will be as follows: HARVARD.  BROWN. Allen, Downey, l.f.  r.f., Pryor Broun, Currie, r.f.  l.f., Reynolds Amberg, c.  c., Elrod Burnham, l.g.  r.g., Dickenson Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Schwartz

First Team Defeated Last Evening.

In a single long period of fast practice last evening the University basketball team was defeated by the second team by a score of 14 to 20. The fast pace was sustained throughout the half, and although defeated the University team showed itself fully up to the average in team work and shooting ability.

First Team Defeated Last Evening.