Dr. G. A. Gordon Dudleian Lecturer

The Dudleian lecture for the current academic year will be given on Wednesday, February 12, by the Rev. George A. Gordon '81, pastor of the Old South Church, Boston, on "The Nature of Revelation." The general subject upon which the lecture is based is the second of the series of four subjects prescribed in 1750 by the founder of the lectureship, Judge Paul Dudley, of the class of 1690, namely: "The confirmation, illustration and improvement of the great articles of the Christian religion properly so-called, or the revelation which Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was pleased to make, first by himself, and afterwards by his holy apostles, to his church and the world, for their salvation."

The Rev. Mr. Gordon was born in Scotland in 1853. He came to this country, and in 1881 graduated from Harvard College. In 1895 he received from the University the honorary degree of S.T.D. He occupied the position of University preacher from 1886 to 1890, and is now a member of the Board of Overseers. He is the author of "The Witness to Immortality," "The Christ of Today," and "Immortality and the New Theodicy."