FILLEY CUPS PRESENTED

Plans for Class Rowing Next Spring Announced by Captain Richardson.

The presentation of the Filley Cups for dormitory rowing took place in the exercising room of Claverly hall last night. Captain Richardson made the formal presentation in the absence of B. A. G. Fuller '00, the donor of the cups. He expressed his satisfaction in regard to the showing made in the dormitory races last month, and complimented the Claverly crew upon its plucky victory in the final race. He also emphasized the fact that the cups were given as a testimonial to O. D. Filley '06, whom Captain Richardson praised for the industry and perseverance which culminated in the victory over Yale two years ago.

Speaking of the spring rowing program, Captain Richardson said that he wanted all those present, and as many others as possible, to row next spring; every man will be given a chance to row in the class races, for as many as four or five crews from each class will be made up. The crews will be called out as soon as the ice is out of the river, the three upper-class crews rowing from the Weld boathouse, and the Freshmen from the Newell. The class races will be held in the Basin on May 19.

In behalf of the Claverly crew, S. Vaughan '09 received the cups. One of them is a perpetual challenge cup, to be competed for each year, and the other was won outright by Claverly this fall.

After the presentation of the cups a beer night was held, at which several men from the University squad were present, and a number of those who rowed in the dormitory races last fall.