Princeton Debate Subject Submitted

Princeton has submitted the following subject for the annual Harvard-Princeton debate, which will be held at Princeton on March 22: "Resolved, That the present distribution of power between the federal and state governments is not adapted to modern conditions, and calls for readjustment in the direction of further centralization." Harvard has the choice of sides.

Owing to the delayed announcement of the question, the trials to choose the Harvard team have been postponed, and will be held on Friday, February 15; Tuesday, February 19; and Friday, February 22. The first trial will be open to all students in the University, and will consist of 5-minute speeches on either side of the question for the debate. On the basis of these speeches, from twelve to sixteen men will be retained for the second trial, at which each man will deliver a 10-minute speech. Six speakers will then be retained for the final trial debate, after which they will be divided into the first and second teams.

A bibliograph of books and articles on the debate will be posted tomorrow morning in the debating rooms in Dane Hall and at Case 19 in the Gore Hall Reading Room.