Spirited Hockey Practice

In one of the most spirited practices of the season the University hockey team defeated the second team yesterday afternoon in the Stadium by a score of 9 goals to 2. The play was fast from the start to the finish and both sides exhibited good team work.

At the end of the first half the score was 5 to 0 in favor of the University team, so in the second half the University and second teams exchanged defenses. The University forwards made four additional goals in the second half, and the second team scored twice. The passing of the University forwards was accurate, and two of Townsend's four goals were due to clean team work, the other two being knocked into the net from scrimmages. The goal scored by Fraser-Campbell was made on a well directed shot after a hard individual rush. Edgell made the last goal for the second on a pass from Paine. Both Pell and Newhall used the sideboards well and showed ability in clearing the puck away from the corners.

The summary: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Pell, l.e.  r.e., Fraser-Campbell Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Edgell Rumsey, r.c.  l.c., Paine Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Butt Foster, Briggs, c.p.  c.p., Briggs, Foster Sampson, p. p., W. M. Washburn, Willetts Carpenter, F. Washburn, g.  g., F. Washburn, Carpenter

Score--First Team, 9; Second Team, 2. Goals--Townsend 4, Rumsey 4, Newhall, Edgell, Fraser-Campbell. Referee and Timekeeper--Trainer Donovan. Time--Two 20-minute halves.

Tickets for Dartmouth and McGill Games.

Tickets for the University hockey games to be played in the Stadium with Dartmouth on Thursday and with McGill on Saturday will be put on sale at Leavitt & Peirce's and at the Co-operative today at 1 o'clock. Admission tickets for each game will be 50 cents, and reserved seats will be 25 cents extra for holders of season or admission tickets. After 1 o'clock on the day of a game tickets will be sold at the gate.

The Dartmouth game, which is the third in the intercollegiate league for the University team, will be played at 3.30 o'clock, and the McGill game will be called at 3 o'clock. A wooden stand accommodating 160 people has been built close to the south side of the rink.

The Freshman hockey team will play the Dartmouth freshmen in the Stadium on Thursday at 3 o'clock. On Saturday at 3.30 o'clock the Freshmen will play the Yale freshmen. Tickets to the University games will be required of persons desiring to see the Freshman games.

Tickets for Dartmouth and McGill Games.