N. Y. University Won Gymnastics

PHILADELPHIA, Pa., March 22.--New York University won the championship in the intercollegiate gymnastic meet held here this evening in the gymnasium of the University of Pennsylvania. Entries were made from Harvard, Yale, Pennsylvania. Princeton Columbia, New York University, Haverford and Rutgers. Considering the fact that Harvard made but four entries, the showing of the University team was most creditable. The meet was very successful as a whole, although Thompson of Yale broke his arm while performing on the parallel bars.

Following is the summary:

Horizontal bars--first, Krauss of Pennsylvania; second, Butler of Yale; third, Schnall of New York University.

Side horse--first, Fernandez of New York University; second, Bride of Columbia; third, Schoonmaker of Columbia.

Flying rings--first, Greenfield of New York University; second, Crawford of Princeton; third, S. E. Goodwin '07.

Parallel bars--first, Krauss of Pennsylvania; second, Schoonmaker of Columbia; third, Everad of Yale.

Tumbling--first, Thompson of New York University; second, S. E. Goodwin '07; third, Schnall of New York University.

Club swinging--first, W. C. Bennett '08; second, Morrison of Rutgers; third, Sayre of Princeton.

All-round championship--first, Schoonmaker of Columbia; second, Butler of Yale; third, Dowd of Princeton.