New Plans for Glee Club Elections

At the last meeting of the Glee Club the election of officers, which usually takes place at this time, was postponed to June in accord with a new policy of the Glee Club which was expressed in a change in the constitution. By this amendment the Senior members of the club, who are usually replaced by new men at trials held after the mid-year examinations, will be kept on until June. The Mandolin Club has also decided to follow the same policy for one year as an experiment. The Banjo Club has not taken action on the subject yet.

The advantages of this change are that a new leader will not have to be installed in the middle of the year; new music will not have to be learned, and the clubs will not be so much retarded by new members who are learning the old music. The professional coaching which the clubs receive before the Yale concert will have its effect during the whole year instead of for a half-year only.

At the last meeting of the Glee Club the following men were elected: M. Allen '08, A. B. Comstock '08, R. G. Crandall '09, J. Curtiss '09, R. L. Sweet '08, G. F. Waters '08.