"GEORGE JUNIOR REPUBLIC"

Union Lecture on Above Subject.--Future Lecturers and Topics.

Hon. Thomas M. Osborne '84 of Auburn, N. Y., will speak in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock on "An Experiment in Democratic Education, the George Junior Republic."

Soon after his graduation from Harvard in 1884, Mr. Osborne became interested in the George Junior Republic and later was chosen one of its trustees. In 1896, he was a delegate to the National Democratic Convention; two years later he ran for lieutenant-governor of New York on the Independent or Citizens' Union ticket. Mr. Osborne was twice elected mayor of Auburn, his home town, in 1902 and again in 1904. Two years ago he was chosen as delegate to the State Democratic Convention. Since June, 1907, he has served as a member of the Public Utilities Commission in New York.

The Union has arranged for four more lectures to be delivered in the Living Room, before the Christmas recess. The speakers, and the topics on which they will talk, follow: November 24, Mr. John S. Wise on "Recollections of Thirteen Presidents"; December 1, Mr. E. B. Baldwin on "The Baldwin-Ziegler Polar Expedition and Plans for Future Polar Research"; December 8, Mr. Arthur Woods, deputy commissioner in charge of the detective work in New York City on "Police and Detective Forces in New York"; December 14, Mr. Beekman Winthrop probably on "Porto Rico."