1912 Easily Won from 1909, 21 to 0

The third game of the interclass football series, played yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field between the Seniors and Freshmen was won by the Freshmen by the score of 21 to 0. The Seniors were unable to gain consistently against the Freshmen whose line-up was the same as that against the Yale Freshmen last Saturday. Fumbles were frequent owing to the wetness of the ball, and darkness during the second half. Frothingham and Pierce played well for the Freshmen and Cate excelled for the Seniors.

The Freshmen received the ball on the kick-off but soon lost it on a fumble. The Seniors could not gain, and kicked to Pierce who advanced the ball to the 30-yard line. Frothingham went around right end for a touchdown, and also kicked the goal. Soon after the Freshmen received the ball, they fumbled and Piper recovered it for the Seniors on their own 15-yard line. After several line plays a forward pass failed, and the ball went to the Freshmen. Long gains through tackle and end by Winston, Pierce and Frothingham resulted in a second touchdown. Frothingham failed to kick the goal. Soon after the kick-off, the Freshmen got the ball on the 30-yard line and tried a place-kick, which failed. There was no more scoring in the few remaining minutes of the first half.

In the second half, Cate received the ball for the Seniors on the kick-off and ran it back to the 30-yard line. Amory recovered the ball for the Freshmen after a kick and Pierce soon made the third touchdown. Frothingham failed to kick the goal. After the kick-off the Freshmen worked the ball down the field to the 20-yard line where the Seniors held. They soon lost the ball on a fumble and Pierce scored again. The half soon ended with the ball in the Seniors' possession on their 35-yard line.

The summary:

1909.  1912.Sheip, l.e.  r.e., SmithMcGillicuddy, Comstock, l.t.  r.t., GaddisCrandall, Bowen, l.g.  r.g., StrongGoepper, c.  c., AmoryJones, r.g.  l.g., FisherPiper, Blanchard, r.t.  l.t., DeweyField, r.e.  l.e., Paine, HoustonCate, q.b.  q.b., Wigglesworth, PotterEvarts, Brooks, l.h.b.  r.h.b., PierceWentworth, Remick, r.h.b.  l.h.b., WinstonLee, Hoffman, f.b.  f.b., Frothingham, Huntingto