DEMOCRATIC CLUB ORGANIZED

At Meeting in Union Last Night.--Officers and Committee Chosen.

At a meeting of about 40 Democrats in the Union last night, the Harvard Democratic Club was formed. The meeting was called by a committee appointed some time ago by H. M. Gilmore '08, president of the Political Club, at the suggestion of Mr. Sheehan of the Democratic National Committee. This committee was composed of S. Bowles '08, chairman, H. S. Blair '08, J. I. Boyce '10, A. B. Church 2L., J. E. Dewey '09, H. W. Litchfield 1G., and J. E. Turnbull '11.

S. Bowles '08 presided at the meeting last night and spoke of the chance for political work which next fall's campaign would offer. He described the formation of the Intercollegiate Democratic League, which the Democratic Club will probably join.

The following officers were elected: president, S. Bowles '08, general secretary of the Intercollegiate Democratic League; vice-president, G. P. Thruston, Jr., 1G.; secretary, J. E. Dewey '09.

A committee consisting of S. Bowles '08, J. L. Boyce '10, J. E. Dewey '09, H. von Kaltenborn '09, G. P. Thruston, Jr., 1G., and J. S. Whitney '08, was appointed to draw up a constitution to be submitted at the next meeting. As several prominent Democrats, among them Governor Johnson of Minnesota, might be willing to speak at Harvard, the officers were empowered to arrange for speeches in the Union during the spring. The president was directed to appoint five members to serve with the officers as an executive committee, and to appoint a committee to arrange for club smokers.

It was resolved to support the nominee of the Denver convention. After considerable discussion, no candidate for the Democratic nomination was indorsed.