1911 TRACK MEET WITH YALE

At New Haven.--Harvard Weak in Field Event but Strong in track.

The second annual dual track meet between the Harvard and Yale freshmen will be held on Yale Field, New Haven, this afternoon at 3 o'clock. First place will count five points, second place two, and third place one.

Both the Harvard and Yale freshman teams are below the standard set by last year's teams, but are very closely matched. Yale is expected to win all the field events, while all except two of the track events, the 120-yard hurdles and the two-mile, are conceded to Harvard.

A week ago the Yale freshman team was defeated by the Princeton freshmen by the score of 54 1-2 points to 48 1-2; but some creditable exhibitions were made, especially in the shot-put and broad jump, which were both won by J. R. Kilpatrick of Yale at 41 feet, 1 1-2 inches and 22 feet, 2 1-2 inches, respectively. Harvard has had no very good test, their only meet being that with Phillips Exeter Academy last Saturday, which they won, 59 1-2 points to 44 1-2.

As Yale is weak in the sprints, R. C. Foster and W. M. Crysler will probably take first and second places respectively. The 440-yard run will probably go to H. W. Kelley, of Harvard, with M. Steinhardt, of Harvard, a probable second. Yale will get third undoubtedly. H. Jaques, Jr., of Harvard, can with both the mile and the half-mile unless something unforeseen occurs. Second place in the 880-yard run will go to Yale with a hope that J. Morrison, of Harvard, will get third. Both teams are weak in the two-mile, but Yale appears to have the better chances of winning. Harvard should get second and third with C. D. Burrage, Jr., and I. R. Madge.

All Harvard can expect in the 120-yard hurdles is that J. P. Long will take second, for Kilpatrick, of Yale, should win in good time. Long should turn the tables on Kilpatrick in the low hurdles and win by a slight margin. In the field events Kilpatrick is the most likely man in the shot-put and broad jump. McKay, of Harvard, should take third in the shot-put and J. P. Long should place in the broad jump. The pole-vault and hammer-throw will go to Yale easily, Harvard probably not getting a place in either.

The entries of the Harvard Freshmen follow:

Track Events.

100-yard dash--R. I. Case, W. M. Crysler, O. C. Dow, R. C. Foster, G. Glass, W. D. Sohier.

220-yard dash--R. I. Case, W. M. Crysler, O. C. Dow, R. C. Foster, W. D. Sohier.

440-yard run--H. A. Johnson, H. W. Kelley, M. Steinhardt.

880-yard run--K. B. Day, H. Jaques, Jr., J. Morrison.

120-yard hurdles--O. M. Chadwick, J. P. Long.

220-yard hurdles--O. M. Chadwick, J. P. Long, A. Sweetser.

One-mile run--G. R. Harding, P. C. Heald, H. Jaques, Jr.

Two-mile run--C. D. Burrage, F. F. Lincoln, I. R. Madge, W. P. Rogers.

Field Events.

Running high jump--H. R. Kunhardt, C. O. Mueller, S. A. Reed.

Running broad jump--E. R. Dick, G. Glass, J. P. Long, E. R. Squibb.

Pole-vault--O. M. Chadwick, N. Osthaus.

Putting 16-pound shot--C. E. Cotting, H. L. Goddard, J. P. Long, R. G. McKay.

Throwing 16-pound hammer--J. G. Blaine, 3d, O. M. Chadwick, W. K. Page.