Geological Field Course in Montana

Under the direction of the Department of Geology and Geography, a geological field course will be given in the mountains of Montana during the summer of 1908. The party, under the leadership of Dr. G. R. Mansfield '04, will reach Bozeman, Montana, early in July, and, after securing equipment, will spend five weeks in the study of geological and geographical features of the mountain region to the south and southwest.

The general route will be as follows: from Bozeman via Virginia City, Alden Gulch, and Ruby Creek to Henry Lake, Idaho, returning thence to Bozeman through the valley of the Madison River. The course will be completed by the early or middle part of August, so that there will be time for members of the party, if they wish, to extend their trip to the Yellowstone Park and the Pacific.

The total per capita cost of the course, including tuition, traveling, and camp expenses, should not exceed $250. Persons interested are invited to correspond with Dr. G. R. Mansfield, 54 Geological Museum, Cambridge. Applications for membership should be submitted not later than June 10. The course may be counted for a degree for those satisfactorily completing the work, provided they have previously taken Geology 4 or its equivalent.

Persons interested in this course are requested to meet Dr. Mansfield this afternoon at 4 o'clock, in Geological Museum 54.