Candidates for Board of Overseers

As a result of the postal ballot for the nomination of Overseers, closed last Thursday, the names of ten graduates will appear on the official ballot on Commencement Day. This year there are five vacancies to be filled for the full term of six years. The candidates for the Board are:

John Collins Warren '63, of Boston.

Moses Williams '68, of Brookline, Mass.

Joseph Bangs Warner '69, of Cambridge.

Robert Grant '73, of Boston.

Nathan Matthews '75, of Boston.

Francis Joseph Swayze '79, of Newark, N. J.

Carleton Sprague '81, of Buffalo, N. Y.

John Farwell Moors '83, of Boston.

William Rand, Jr., '88, of New York, N. Y.

John Wells Farley '99, of Boston.

This year 2,883 ballots were received as against 3,706 forwarded to the Alumni Office last year. Of these, 79 ballots were thrown out for various reasons; 68 because unsigned, eight because more than five candidates had been voted for, and three because, although signed, no cross had been made on the ballot. Last year 250 ballots were thrown out for the same reasons.

The Honorable John D. Long '57, of Hignham, Mass., former Governor of Massachusetts, and Secretary of the United States Navy, who has been President of the Board of Overseers since 1902, was nominated as a candidate for the Board of Overseers by 103 Alumni of at least five years' standing. Mr. Long's name will, therefore, appear on the official ballot on Commencement Day with the ten names mentioned above.