CHANGE IN BASEBALL LINE-UP

McCall Back at Second and Harding Put at First.--Spirited Practice.

An important change in the line-up of the University baseball team was made yesterday afternoon, McCall returning to second base, and F.A. Harding '09, captain of this year's second team, going to first in place of Hall. It is expected that these changes will cause the infield to work together better and will remedy the lack of team play that has been so noticeable in the last few games. McCall has played on the University team for two years, and Harding has played a very good game on the second team. Hall and Kemble played yesterday on the second team, composed of substitutes, Kemble at second and Hall in the outfield. Three other new men reported from the second team: J.C. Hamlen '09, R.S. Marshall '10, and L.W. Rowley '09.

The practice was probably the most spirited that has been seen this year. Practice began fairly early, and nearly two hours were devoted to batting, first against the machine and the Freshman pitchers, Minot and McKay, and then against Coach Castle and Slater. The batting was excellent, and many good drives were made off Castle and Slater. Aronson secured three good hits, one a long three-bagger to left. Two full teams were formed, one from the regulars and the other from the substitutes. The regulars batted around several times and also ran bases, while the substitutes remained in the field.

The fielding of the team was unusually good, McCall playing in his old form, and Harding making several brilliant plays at first base. The University team batted in the following order: Leonard, 3b.; McCall, 2b.; Harvey, c.f.; Aronson, r.f.; Lanigan, l.f.; Currier, c.; Simons, s.s.; Harding, 1b.