THE BUSINESS SCHOOL.

In another column is set forth an outline of the new Graduate School of Business Administration, which begins its first academic year tomorrow. While the new school is strictly a graduate department of the University, similar to the other professional schools, undergraduates of the College who have completed the requirements for the degree of Bachelor of Arts or Science, but who have not received the degree, are eligible, and provision is made for those who lack one course of the requirements for the A.B. degree to enroll in the courses.

The school is founded on the comparatively recent conception that professional training in business is analogous to professional training in law or medicine, and has the same justification for spending the additional time in University studies. It proceeds on the assumption that one gets a sounder training and can expect to advance more rapidly in the profession ultimately than those who dispense with University training.

The most encouraging sign in connection with the Business School is the success with which Dean Gay has enlisted the confidence and co-operation of many leading men in the business world who are enthusiastic enough for the success of the school to lend their aid.