1912 Beat Tech. 1911 in Basketball

The Freshman basketball team defeated the Massachusetts Institute of Technology sophomores by the score of 48 to 17 in the Gymnasium Saturday evening. The game was one-sided from the start, as the Technology Team was weak and the Freshmen passed well and played fast. At the end of the first half the score was 26 to 10 in favor of the Freshmen. In the second half, as in the first, the Freshmen showed superior team-play and passing, which enabled them to score on Technology again and again. Boyd was the most active on the floor, and Davidson and Kaemmerling did exceptionally well in goal-throwing.

The summary: FRESHMEN.  TECHNOLOGY 1911. Kaemmerling, l.f.  r.f., Shatz Rouillard, Brown, Power, r.f.  l.f., Williams Davidson, Lanman, c.  c., Livingston Stebbins, Blair, Leslie, l.g.  r.g., Metcalf Boyd, Fernald, r.g.  l.g., Stevens

Score--Freshmen, 48; Technology 1911, 17. Goals from floor--Davidson 7, Kaemmerling 7, Boyd 3, Shatz 3, Metcalf 3, Rouillard 3, Stebbins 3, Lanman, Livingston. Goals from fouls--Shatz 3. Referee--Levy, Yale. Timer--Crawley, Columbia. Time--20-minute halves.