Resignation of Prof. Harris

At the last meeting of the Corporation, the resignation of Assistant Professor W. F. Harris '91, to take effect September 1, 1909, was accepted.

William Fenwick Harris entered Harvard College with the class of '92, but took his degree with '91. The next four years he spent in the Graduate School. From 1895 to 1898 he studied at Berlin, Oxford, and Paris. In 1898 he was appointed instructor in Greek at Harvard, and in 1902, assistant professor. He is now in the middle of his second term as assistant professor, at present taking his sabbatical year. He has been one of the editors of the Harvard Studies in Classical Philology; he was a member of the committee of the Classical Department which brought out the "Agamemnon" of Aeschylus in the Stadium in June, 1906; served with Professors Norton and White and Francis Bacon in bringing out the work now being published describing the American excavations at Assos in the Troad; and is a member of the executive committee of the Archaeological Institute of America, before which he recently delivered an address on Professor Charles Eliot Norton, the founder of the Institute.