JUNIORS, 0; SOPHOMORES, 0

Teams Equally Matched in Third Game of Class Football Series.

The third game of the interclass football series, yesterday, between the Juniors and the Sophomores, resulted in a tie. The team-work of both elevens showed a decided development over that displayed in their first games.

The Sophomores kicked off to the Juniors, who advanced the ball to their 35-yard line where they were held for downs. Upon receiving the ball, 1912, supporting the runner well, broke through the Junior line repeatedly, but on a third down, their forward pass failed, and the Juniors took the ball on their own 30-yard line. The Juniors were able now to plow through the Sophomores' line as easily as the latter team had done it a moment before, and a series of skin-tackle plays by Heath netted several good gains. At last, the 1912 team held them for downs, and French immediately repeated the former line-plunging gains by a series of low, hard bucks. To recover a loss by penalization, the Sophomores worked a long forward pass which brought the ball from the 35-yard line to the 10-yard line. This play was the feature of the afternoon. Another forward pass almost scored a touchdown, but it was fumbled behind the goal-line and the Juniors got the ball on their own 25-yard line. A hard line buck had just netted them first down, when the whistle blew.

In the second half, 1911 kicked off to 1912, for whom French, in two line bucks, gained 15 yards. A fumble gave the Juniors the ball in mid-field, but, after some good line plunging, they were forced to kick. The 1912 team blocked the kick and recovered the ball on the Juniors' 45-yard line. A forward pass was tried again unsuccessfully and Heath and Foster again gained well on their skin-tackle and line-bucking plays. When at last they were held for downs on 1912's 40-yard line, they stole the ball on the next play and ran the length of the field for a touchdown, but this was not allowed and the Sophomores were forced to kick. Stebbins recovered the punt, and on the next play took the ball, on a wide end run, to the Juniors' 8-yard line. Three line bucks were unable to bring the touchdown, and the ball went to the Juniors on their 4-yard line. They then punted to the 30-yard line and the Sophomores were working the ball toward the goal line with good line plunges when time was called.

The teams lined up as follows: JUNIORS.  SOPHOMORES. Reed, l.e.  r.e., Stebbins Kean, l.t.  r.t., Blackall Cotting, l.g.  r.g., Sargent Blair, c.  c., Amory Chadwick, Hobart, r.g.  l.g., Douglass, Robbins Webber, r.t.  l.t., Dewey Murdoch, r.e.  l.e., Prescott Bouve, q.b.  q.b., Reeves, Murray Heath, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Godfrey Foster, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Simpkins Floyd, f.b.  f.b., French

The First Corps Cadets and Battery A will hold their annual football game in the Stadium on November 25.