Yale Defeated Princeton 17 to 0

Yale defeated Princeton in the annual football game played on Yale Field last Saturday by the score of 17 to 0. Of that score, however, only 6 points were the result of persistent line attack by the Yale team. Eight of the remainder came after two Princeton punts were blocked, one for a safety and one for a touchdown, and three from a field goal by Coy. Princeton had only two chances to score which are very close together in the second half. Once Cunningham tried for a field-goal from the 45-yard line which fell short, and later Princeton lost the ball which she had carried to Yale's 25-yard line on a forward pass.

The chief feature of the game was the constant kicking by both sides and the total absence of any fumbling in catching the punts. Vaughan and Kilpatrick, the Yale ends, were so effective at running down, that, except for Chrystie's 30-yard gain, the average running-back of the 24 punts received by the Princeton team was less than 5 yards. Yale's average was fully 9 yards. In line rushes Yale made first down 10 times to Princeton's twice. Princeton, however, was more ready to try the open game, and if she had not been kept on the defensive so much would probably have had more chances to use it to advantage.

At the very beginning of the first half Coy tried for a field-goal from the 35-yard line, but this, as well as two others, was unsuccessful. Early in the second half Philbin apparently scored a touchdown, but was called back because of holding. Throughout this half Yale lost ground at several critical periods by being penalized.

The line-up follows: YALE.  PRINCETON. Kilpatrick, l.e.  r.e., Welch, King Hobbs, Spencer, l.t.  r.t., McCrohan, McGregor Andrus, Brown, l.g.  r.g., McCormick Cooney, c.  e., Bamman Goebel, r.g.  l.g., Waller Lilley, Paul, r.t.  l.t., Siegling Vaughau, Nacdele, Savage, r.e.  l.e., Ballin. Gill Howe, Corey, Johnson, q.b.  q.b., Bergin, Chrystie Philbin, Francis, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Read. Sparks Dalyt Murphy, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Hart Coy, f.b.  f.b., Cunningham