Yesterday's Hockey Practice

The University hockey team held its practice in the Stadium yesterday afternoon for the first time in the last week. The ice was in good condition and the playing was spirited. In the preliminary practice the forwards were sent down the ice against the defence in pairs to get practice in passing the point and coverpoint. After this the forwards were sent down together with the same sort of work.

Huntington, captain of this year's Freshman team, has been called up to the University squad and was played at point, where he did excellent work, breaking up the attack of the first team repeatedly. The University team had a scrimmage with the second after the preliminary practice, and in two ten-minute periods succeeded in scoring four times. The playing was ragged at the start, and the second repeatedly carried the puck into the territory of the first team, but their defence was strong and no scoring resulted. After this the first team braced and the forwards succeeded in scoring three goals in quick succession.

After a few minutes' rest another period of ten minutes was played in which the University team added another score, but that was all they could do, as the second played a purely defensive game and broke up all attempts at team-play.