THE ADVOCATE ON YARD DORMITORIES.

The current number of the Advocate, reviewed in another column this morning, contains an article on "The Yard Dormitories." The argument is convincing that these dormitories are not what they should be. Of course they are habitable; at times they are even delightfully comfortable, but we, as Harvard undergraduates, are not proud of them, nor are we content with them. We do not wish to blow up our Gymnasium, but we do wish to see it superseded, just as we wish to see our College dormitories modernized.

Perhaps, after all, our chief ground for complaint is that these things which so intimately concern our daily life do not come up to the standards that we have about us. If we contrast our Yard dormitories and our Gymnasium with our athletic field, our boathouses, the Law and Medical School buildings, and the Union, we recognize at once their inadequacy.

Of course it is impossible to reform everything at once, but it is not unreasonable to insist that all possible measures be taken for an immediate beginning. We therefore commend the Advocate's article and hope with the reviewer that "it may reach the right ears."