HOCKEY TEAM LOST, 6 TO 0

To Crescent A. C.--Gardner, Hicks, and Hornblower Not in Game.

The University hockey team played a practice game last evening in the University rink with the Crescent Athletic Club of Boston. Three of the regular forwards, Gardner, Hicks, and Hornblower, were given a rest and their absence was chiefly accountable for the 6 to 0 score against the University team.

During the first few minutes of play the puck remained near the Crescent goal, but the excellent work of Skilton at coverpoint and Sheppard at point prevented any Score. The Crescent forwards then rushed the puck up the ice and succeeded in scoring after six minutes of play. The University forwards were slow in following back and did not aid the defence as they should have. Foster and Huntington on the defence showed marked improvement in carrying the puck out of the corners and in passing to the forwards. The second and third scores were made toward the close of the half from scrimmages in front of the goal.

In the second half, more substitutes were put in and the Crescent forwards had slight difficulty in preventing any dangerous rushes toward their goal. Three goals were scored in this half, mostly by individual work. The summary: HARVARD.  CRESCENT A. C. Leslie. Cutler, l.e.  r.e., Telford Duncan, l.c.  r.c., Clifford Morgan, r.c. l.c.,  Davenport, Sheraton Wigglesworth, r.e.  l.e., Ford Foster, c.p.  c.p., Skilton Huntington, Blackall, p.  p., Sheppard Chadwick, Smart, g.  g., Smith

Score--Crescent A. C., 6; Harvard, O. Goals--Clifford 2, Sheraton, Davenport, Ford, Skilton. Referee--A. Winsor '02. Timekeeper--J. Elliott '12. Time--15 and 10-minute halves.

Scrub Hockey Today.

Five teams now remain in the scrub hockey series. As this would necessitate a bye for one team in the final round, it has been decided to play two games, thus eliminating two of the five teams, and then to play a round robin for the championship. If possible one game will be played at 2.30 o'clock in the Freshman rink: the Whiff Whaffs vs. the Stars and Stripes.

If there is to be any change in this schedule, a bulletin will be posted in the CRIMSON Office before 1.30 o'clock. As it may be necessary to play several games in the evening during the coming week, the managers of teams left in the tournament are asked to leave word in the CRIMSON Office before 9 o'clock stating on what nights their teams will be able to play.

Scrub Hockey Today.