SATURDAY'S GAME.

To all Harvard men, Saturday's Scores are satisfactory in every way. The University team defeated Dartmouth by Evident superiority in power and knowledge of the game; Yale won from Princeton, which makes the championship dependent upon next Saturday's contest. Victory is expected but not assured. The Yale team and coaches, be their record as it may, always deserve respect.

The hope of winning from Yale was strengthened by the work of the team in the Dartmouth game. In the first place, the University eleven was able to score twice by Straight football. It was a criticism of the new rules that touchdowns would be rare, because the offence, without pushing or pulling, would be unable to cope with the opposing defence gathered within five or ton yards of the line of scrimmage. It is possible for the University team at least to score by line-plunging.

The adaptability of the team also stood out brilliantly. Dartmouth, relying upon Ingersoll as a punter, played a kicking game. The University team adopted the same tactics and won. Although out-kicked at times, the ability to take advantage of Dartmouth's misplays made victory possible without the touchdowns.