Dalton's Kick Won for Annapolis

Annapolis defeated West Point, by the score of 3 to 0, in their annual football game, played in Philadelphia on Saturday. This was the last important game of the intercollegiate season.

Dalton made the only score of the game by a goal from placement, at the beginning of the fourth period. He had previously made six unsuccessful attempts. Dean of West Point tried two drop-kicks but failed. Both sides were strong on the defence, but displayed no great offensive strength. The Annapolis team, aided by a strong wind, tried a punting game at the start of the first period, and was soon enabled to try a place-kick. In the second quarter, a long onside kick placed the ball well within the Army's territory, and allowed Dalton to make two more attempts to score. The only consistent strength of attack was shown in the third period, when the Annapolis backs tore through West Point's line, gaining 70 yards in nine plays; but they were finally held on the Army's 11-yard line.

Almost at the very start of the last period a low kick by Dean was caught on West Point's 40-yard line. Dalton made 11 yards through the line and, after two plays, kicked the only goal of the game from the 30-yard line.

Annapolis's superiority was shown by the fact that it gained six first downs to one for West Point, and kept the play in the latter's territory throughout the game.