University Second Team Defeated

The second University football team was defeated yesterday afternoon by the St. Alphonsus A. A., by the score of 5 to 0. The game was close, but was marred by rough play and many penalties. Lingard, Page and French played well for the second team, while Murphy and Cameron excelled for St. Alphonsus.

During the first half, the ball was almost continually in St. Alphonsus's territory, owing largely to the fact that Callander out-punted Kenney. Both teams used old-style football almost entirely, and neither gained much by rushing. Near the end of the first half, Jenckes blocked a punt, but Crossen recovered the ball on St. Alphonsus's 10-yard line.

In the third period, after St. Alphonsus had been penalized 30 yards, Eckfeldt tried a drop-kick from the 30-yard line. It was blocked, but recovered by Harvard on the 35-yard line. In five rushes 24 yards were made, after which the ball was lost on an incompleted forward pass. Near the end of the fourth period Cameron blocked a kick on Harvard's 20-yard line and ran the remaining distance to the goal for the only score of the game. Kenney failed to kick the goal. After the ball was put in play again, Harvard rushed to St. Alphonsus's 7-yard line, where time was called.

The summary: SECOND TEAM.  ST. ALPHONSUS A. A. Eckfeldt, McCaffrey, l.e.  r.e., Cameron Jenckes, l.t.  r.t., Renkert, McCabe O'Hare, Wulsin, l.g.  r.g., Fox Eager, e.  c., Young, Murphy McGuire, Allen, r.g.  l.g., Delaney Blodgett, Lawson, r.t.  l.t., Ambrose Lingard, Murdock, r.e.  l.e., Crossen Callander, q.b.  q.b., Ryan Foristall, Hardwick, Marsh, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Kenney French, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Mulhally Page, Ohler, f.b.  f.b., McGowan

Score--St. Alphonsus A. A., 5; Harvard second, O. Touchdown--Cameron. Referee--J. Hallahan. Umpire--F. W. Burleigh, Exeter. Field-judge--R. S. Troy, English High. Head-linesman--S. W. Chaffee '13. Time--Four 10-minute periods.