Announcement of Debate Subject

The subject for the second annual triangular debate between Harvard, Yale and Princeton has been announced as follows: "Resolved, That the Federal Government should have power to impose an income tax not apportioned among the states according to population."

The debate will be held on March 21. Each college will have two teams of three men each, one of which will uphold the negative side of the question at home, while the other will argue on the affirmative side against a second opponent away from home. First, second and third trials to select the six men who will compose the two University teams will be held on February 15, 17 and 21 respectively. At the first trial each contestant will be allowed to speak for five minutes on either side of the question, and twenty men will be retained. At the second trial each man will be allowed to speak for ten minutes, and twelve men will be retained. In the final trial the best six men will be chosen to compose the two University teams, the remaining six to compose two second University teams. All members of the University are eligible to enter the trials. All men who expect to do so should give their names to L. A. Mahoney '13, Walter Hastings 12, before February 15.

The Coolidge Debating Prize of $100 will be awarded to the undergraduate member of the University who does the best work in the trials.