INTERCLASS ROWING.

Interclass sports unquestionably afford as much real fun as any form of athletics in College. The seasons are short, the training light, and the issues of no vast importance, so that they provide an almost ideal opportunity for exercise. For these reasons they should receive enthusiastic support. One of these sports--class rowing--begins today, and as in the past it has suffered materially from the irregularity of its votaries, we wish to bring to their attention the inconvenience which they cause to others. It is altogether natural for candidates who feel that they have no chance of making their class crews to attend practice occasionally, while those who feel sure of a seat in the boat find it equally difficult to report dutifully for their daily work. The result is obvious,--one day enough men to man three eights turn up at the boathouse, and the next day but twelve report for practice, and those who are left over are forced to go without their exercise, or to row in single shells. This uncertainty discourages those who would otherwise attend regularly, and the whole squad soon becomes demoralized. With the opening of class rowing for this season, we hope that a new spirit of regularity and responsibility will inspire the candidates, for this would not only increase the standard of the crews, but would make it more pleasurable for the individual oarsmen.