SCRUB ATHLETICS.

Twenty-five teams have entered in the Leiter Cup baseball series. This large number deserves a word of comment, for it shows a lively and increasing interest in intramural sport which does not demand too assiduous attendance. This interest is in striking contrast to the miserable support received by the class crews, which for a couple of weeks after they were called out could scarcely boast eight men apiece. The explanation of this discrepancy is clear: daily rowing--and attendance at this must be regular--involves considerable drudgery; while scrub baseball, in games and practice alike, is good fun. Although the paucity of men who are willing conscientiously to devote their time for the benefit of the class is deplorable indeed, still, it is some satisfaction to see that the non-athletic undergraduates do take an active interest in competitive athletics for the sake of the sport. Since the scrub series meets with such good success, perhaps benefit would be derived from more of these spontaneous athletic contests.