Straw Ballot by Political Club

The executive committee of the Political Club has voted to hold a straw ballot Monday on the following question: "Resolved, That if the Constitution of the United States provided for the recall of public servants, President Taft's record would justify his recall." The voting will be simply pro or con. For election purposes the University will be divided into precincts; though it has not been definitely decided, it is expected that these will be two in number--one to include all members of the Law School; the other taking in the rest of the University. The ballot will be run off as nearly like a regular municipal ballot as possible. Hence, as a statute provides for the election officials to be composed of an equal number of Democrats and Republicans, a certain number of members of the Democratic and Republican Clubs will superintend this ballot. The Lodge Gate has been engaged as a poll for the University voting; a room in the Law School will probably be used as a voting place for the other precinct. In order to ascertain the number of Republican, Democratic, Socialistic, and unclassified votes, the ballot will be in four different colors.

There will be a meeting in the Union on Thursday evening at which representatives of the various political clubs will discuss the resolution.