New Rules for Entrance Conditions

At their meeting held yesterday afternoon, the Faculty of Arts and Sciences accepted certain restrictions on the ways of removing admission conditions which are as follows:

A student must pass, not later than the beginning of his second year in College, admission examinations in the subject in which he has failed, or he must take extra College work; if the condition is in a prescribed subject, the work must be under the department concerned. This prevents all double counting of work both for conditions and for a degree.

The Faculty also passed the following restrictions in the elective system as regards Freshmen:

A Freshman shall not be admitted to any course not regularly open to Freshmen, unless he passes an entrance examination which proves his fitness for it, or obtains the consent of the instructor and of the chairman of the department.

After a Freshman has handed in his choice of elective studies he shall not make any change in it except with the consent of his Adviser or of the Committee on the Choice of Electives.

These restrictions will apply only to the class of 1914 and following classes.