The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

M. Duquesne Appointed Professor

The appointment of M. Eugene Duquesne, architect of the French government, and holder of the Grand Prix de Rome, as professor of Architectural Design was confirmed yesterday by the Corporation. Duquesne began his professional studies in the Ecole Nationale des Arts Decoratifs, where he won several prizes. At the Beaux Arts he was in the atelier of M. Pascal, members of the Institute de France, and received in 1888 the grande medalle de construction.

Among the works of art which M. Duquesne has designed are the grand pal- ais du Champs Elysees and the monument to the soldiers who fell in the war of 1870; he was the architect in charge of the restoration of the Tuileries and the Trianon.

He accepts his recent appointment by permission of the French government, and comes to this country leaving uncompleted the municipal theatre at Nancy, and the Civic buildings attached to the Musee Dennery.

It is understood that when M. Duquesne takes up his residence here he will continue, in addition to his teaching at Harvard, the practice of his profession