Yale Defeated Dartmouth, 7 to 2

The Yale hockey team defeated Dartmouth by the score of 7 to 2 in the Boston Arena Saturday evening. This was Dartmouth's first contest in the Intercollegiate Hockey League and Yale's first victory. The team-play on both sides was poor, but Yale was the aggressor at all times.

The first half was very close. After eleven minutes of play Stucklen for Dartmouth succeeded in shooting the goal. This was followed a minute later by Yale's first score, made by Loutrel. The half closed without further scoring. In the second period the play became rougher, and all the scores were through individual effort. Loutrel and Cox of Yale excelled, and between them scored six more goals, the former making four of them. Stucklen succeeded in making another point for Dartmouth, but most of the time the Yale defence kept the Dartmouth forwards well away from the goal.

The summary: YALE.  DARTMOUTH. Howe, l.e.  r.e., Wells, Luitweiller Cox, l.c.  r.c., F. Eaton Loutrel, r.c.  l.c., Stucklen Harman, r.e.  l.e., S. Eaton, Mason Swenson, Merritt, c.p.  c.p., Patten Brooks, Scully, p.  p., Bullard Martin, g.  g., Norris

Score--Yale, 7; Dartmouth, 2. Goals--Loutrel 5, Cox 2, Stucklen 2. Penalties--(2 minutes) Bullard, S. Eaton, Brooks, Cox, F. Eaton. Referee--J. Norfolk, Boston Arena. Umpire--G. W. Tingley, Goal umpires--for Yale, Bakewell; for Dartmouth, Van Buskirk. Timers--Cole and Merrill. Time--20-minute halves.

Following is the league standing to date: Won.  Lost.  Percent. Cornell,  1  0  1.000 Yale,  1  1  .500 Princeton,  1  1  .500 Columbia,  1  1  .500 Harvard,  0  0  .000 Dartmouth,  0  1  .000