1914 Held Short Practice Game

The Freshman hockey team played a tie game with Brae Burn last evening in the Boston Arena, the score being 1 to 1. The game which consisted of only one period was characterized by slow playing on the part of both teams. The 1914 team failed to play together and to pass the puck often enough. Their only goal was made by a shot from the side by Sortwell on a pass from Willetts.

Brae Burn's offence was also lacking in coordination and was emphasized by individual playing throughout the entire scrimmage. Finally a rush and clever shot by Heron the coverpoint resulted in the goal which tied the score.

This evening the 1914 team will play another practice game with the Crescent Hockey Club in preparation for their game with St. Paul's on Saturday. The line-ups: 1914.  BRAE BURN. Hopkins, l.e.  r.e., Marston Adams, Hanson, l.c.  r.c., Shine Sortwell, r.c.  l.c., Hickey Williams, Devereux, r.e.  l.e., O'Hearn Wingate, c.p.  c.p., Heron Willetts, p.  p., Penhallow Carnochan, g.  g., Bray

Score--1914, 1; Brae Burn, 1. Goals--Sortwell 1, Heron 1. Umpire--Paul '11. Timer--Boyd '14. Time--One 20-minute period.