Hard Practice for Freshman Team

The Freshman football team was put through a long and severe practice yesterday afternoon. The first part of the time was given up to a short session of tackling the dummy followed by fake scrimmage work. Coach Dewey then lined up the first team against the substitutes for a hard scrimmage. This immediately resolved itself into a punting duel in which the first team had the advantage. Finally Logan ran back one of Handy's kicks to the substitutes' 30-yard line from where, after several line plays, the only touchdown of the afternoon was made.

The remainder of the time was spent in drilling the two teams in defensive and offensive play. The ball was given alternately to the two teams ten yards from their respective goal-lines with three or four downs in which to score. In nearly every instance the defensive team proved too strong for the offensive eleven.

Wigglesworth was not on the field yesterday owing to a slight injury, and Brickley, although dressed to play, was given a rest by the coaches.