Captain Fisher Again in Scrimmage

A seven minute scrimmage was the most important part of the University football practice yesterday afternoon on soldiers field. Captain Fisher returned to the line-up after about a week's absence.

The first team was given the ball in mid-field against the second eleven and proceeded to use straight football. At first the attack was not effective and Potter was forced to take to the forward pass. This style of play, one pass to Smith and another to Felton, for a total of 40 yards, placed the ball on the second's 15-yard line. Here Potter dropped back for a try at a drop-kick but the second team broke through and blocked the ball. With the exception of a short signal session at the end of the next period, this was all the work given the first string men yesterday.

In the scrimmage Storer's ankle was slightly injured and Parmenter took his place at centre. However, it is expected that he will be band for the Brown game on Saturday. Hollister was also given a day off on account of a slight injury of the same nature sustained in the practice on Tuesday.

In the second session the substitutes lined up against the second team and managed to score three touchdowns to the second's one. The one score against the substitutes, however, was due to the fact that no downs were counted, the coaches letting the play proceed without penalizing for failures in the use of the forward pass. The latter form of play was used by the second team almost entirely, and the coaches layed a great deal of emphasis on breaking it up.

The first score of the period was made by Tobey of the second team, who caught a forward pass and got loose for a 20 yard run for a touchdown. The field-goal was not attempted. The ball was given to the second team on the substitutes' 25-yard line, whence Saltonstall missed a try at a drop-kick. At this point the substitutes seemed to brace and, starting on their own 25-yard line, in-seven rushes advanced the ball the remaining distance across their opponents' goal-line. Pierce contributed most of the ground gaining by a remarkable exhibition of dodging through a broken field for 45 yards. Lingard carried the ball over on an end-around play. Again the ball went to mid-field and the substitutes resumed the straight football program. Morrison appeared as the greatest ground gainer at this point with a beautiful dodging run of 45 yards through the entire second team. Pierce carried the ball over from the 3-yard line. Following this score, the second team punted from behind the line to Callander who let the ball slip from his hands and it was recovered by the opposing ends. In spite of this loss, the substitutes took the ball on downs and Morrison repeated his open field work by scoring on a well-executed 32-yard run.