NO HEAVY WORK YESTERDAY

University and Freshman Teams Were Given Nothing but Light Practice.

The University football team had its last scrimmage in preparation for the Carlisle game yesterday afternoon. Practice began with a blackboard talk in the Locker Building, after which 45 minutes of light scrimmaging between the University team and substitutes took place. There was no attempt to score, the ball being passed arbitrarily from one team to the other. The University team was under the leadership of Gardner, while the substitutes were run by Freedley. Captain Fisher remained at tackle and Keays at guard, an arrangement which at present seems to be final. The only change among the backs was putting Reynolds in Campell's place, where he will probably play in the game Saturday. Willetts and Reynolds were given a good deal of practice in punting and both seem to be doing well.

Milholland tried a number of dropkicks, which on the whole were quite satisfactory.

The line-ups:

UNIVERSITY.  SUBSTITUTES.Smith, l.e.  r.e., HollisterHitchcock, l.t.  r.t., JenckesLeslie, l.g.  r.g., McGuireStorer, c.  c., ParmenterKeays, r.g.  l.g., BlodgettFisher, r.t.  l.t., HoltO'Brien, r.e.  l.e., HowardGardner, q.b.  q.b., FreedleyReynolds, l.h.b.  r.h.b, MorrisonWendell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., PierceHuntington, f.b.  f.b., Blackal