UNIVERSITY SQUAD OFF TO PRINCETON

TOMORROW'S GAME MARKS RENEWAL OF FOOTBALL RELATIONS.

Thirty-eight players, eleven coaches, and three managers will constitutes the squad which will leave the Square this afternoon at 12.20 o'clock to make the first University football trip to Princeton in sixteen years. The team will board the 1 o'clock train for New York and spend the night there at the Hotel Aberdeen, 32nd street, between Fifth avenue and Broadway. At 10.40 o'clock tomorrow morning the men will leave the Pennsylvania station for Princeton, taking lunch on the train. The game will be called at 2 o'clock. A special train will convey the team back to New York after the game, and the return to Cambridge will be made on the 10.02 train Sunday morning. The following will make the trip: players--Amory, Bettle, Blackall, Blodgett, Campbell, Callander, Dana, Felton, Fisher, Freedley, T. Frothingham, Jr., T. H. Frothingham, W. T. Gardiner, H. B. Gardner, Graustein, Hitchcock, Hollister, Holt, Howard, Huntington, Jenckes, Keays, Leslie, Lingard, McGuire, Milholland, Morrison, O'Brien, Parmenter, Pierce, Potter, Reynolds, Smith, Starr, Storer, Stow, Tobey, Wendell; coaches--P. D. Haughton '99, H. F. Corbett '11, J. W. Cutler '09, D. J. Hurley '05, H. E. Kersburg '06, L. H. Leary '05, H. C. Leslie '11 H. D. Scott '98, B. G. Waters '94, L. Withington, Jr., '11, P. Withington '09; managers--W. M. E. Whitelock '13, G. F. Plimpton '14, J. H. Lowell '14. Kersburg will not be with the team after this trip, as he is to coach Lafayette College for the next few weeks.

Cheering for Team at 12 o'clock.

As the team will leave the transfer station on Massachusetts avenue at 12.20 o'clock, every member of the University who possibly can should be in the Square at 12 o'clock to cheer the team as it starts for Princeton. Men having 11 o'clock lectures should be in the Square immediately after them. H. L. GADDIS '12.

Last Practice of Week.

The last scrimmage of the week before the Princeton game tomorrow took place yesterday on Soldiers Field behind closed gates. There was unusual snap to the work, and the whole squad, with the exception of Potter and Felton, appeared in the best of condition and eager for tomorrow's contest. Potter has been given very light work all week but it is expected that he will be in condition to start at the quarterback position. In case he is not able to lead the team, Gardner, who has been out of the game for nearly a month, will go in as field general. Although handicapped by this absence, Gardner has had a year's experience on the University team and should prove somewhat better than either Freedley or Callander, the only other quarterbacks of the squad. Felton will probably watch the game from the sidelines owing to a severe bruise sustained in the Brown game last Saturday. This position, however, can be well cared for by O'Brien.

In the scrimmage yesterday three touchdowns were scored against the sec- ond team, all on straight rushing tactics. During the last ten minutes of play Coaches L. Withington, Jr., P. Withington, Kersburg, Leary, and Corbett went in to strengthen the second team line, and the University backs were unable to get the ball beyond the second's 10-yard line.

Former Football Results with Princeton.

Sixteen years ago yesterday Harvard's football team was defeated by Princeton at Princeton by the score of 12 to 4. This was the last Harvard game played at Princeton, as the next year's game, in 1896, came to Cambridge and resulted in another defeat for the University team, this time by the score of 12 to 0. Today's trip and tomorrow's game mean a renewal of football relations, an event welcome alike to graduates as well as undergraduates. Of the 15 games played between 1877 and 1896, Princeton had decidedly the better of the argument, winning 11 and tying one.

First Game Between Two Colleges.

The Boston Globe writes as follows of the first football game between the two colleges:

The first game was played on Holmes Field at Cambridge, April 28, 1877. In the previous fall rugby football was introduced at Princeton, and in order that she might cope with Harvard on more equal terms she asked postponement of the game until spring. Only four days before her game with Yale did Princeton secure from Harvard two rugby footballs, and until the Yale practice no Princetonian knew whether they should be kicked from the end or the side. Yale won the game--two goals to none.

The first game at Cambridge was won by Harvard, which scored a goal and two touchdowns, to a touchdown for Princeton. Mr. Harrington, a Tufts star of that period, was the referee, and the umpires were Roessle of Princeton and the late Ex-Gov. W. E. Russell '77. Harvard's line-up was as follows:

Capt. Cushing '79, Keyes '79, Blanchard M. '82, Perry '79, Holmes '79, Houston '79, Cushing '77, rushers; Herrick '77, Austin '79, Curtis '79, Winsor '80, Seamans '77, halfbacks; Sheldon '79, Thomas '79, Faucon '75, backs.

In this game for the first time was worn a canvas jacket, the invention of Smock of Princeton. Tackling below the hips was then prohibited, and the old-time jerseys were easily torn