THE MUSICAL CLUBS.

Today the work of all of us ends until after our Christmas vacation is over, except for that of the Musical Clubs. To be sure, their annual trip to the West is not work in one sense, but judged by its importance it certainly is work. It is doing something that all of us will individually be doing during the next week,--representing Harvard. We call this trip of theirs work in order to emphasize its seriousness. They are to represent Harvard whether they wish to or not. They are a bond between the undergraduates and the graduates of the University, and they are Harvard to those who have not been here. We, therefore, say that they have work ahead of them, not because their trip will be toilsome or tedious, but because it is not going to be so.

Accordingly we thank these clubs for the work that they have done, and for what they are going to do, with a knowledge that our thanks are unnecessary in the light of the reception that they will receive in the West, but with a feeling that they need to be reminded that they are doing a work which we appreciate, and which can be of infinite harm or infinite good to the University. To everyone the CRIMSON wishes a Merry Christmas.