Indoor Work for Track Candidates

Regular work for the field events and hurdles has started, and all candidates for these events should report each afternoon to Coach Quinn at the Hemenway Gymnasium between 2 and 5 o'clock. This applies to candidates for the Freshman team as well as to men who are out for the University team. All men who can possibly do so, whether or not experienced in these events, are urged to come out, as several new men must be developed before the spring meets. This indoor work is very important as it affords much individual coaching, and faults in form may be remedied now which later cannot be corrected on account of the nearness of the spring competitions. It is imperative that men report regularly and receive this preliminary individual coaching.

Competitions will be held in the near future in the high jump, shot-put, and throwing the 35-pound weight, and much importance will be laid upon the showing made by candidates in these early competitions. Candidates should report as follows this week: shot-putters and hammer-throwers between 2 and 3 o'clock; hurdles between 3 and 4 o'clock; high jumpers, broad jumpers, and pole-vaulters between 4 and 5 o'clock.