MANY AT TRACK MEETING

Speeches on Situation in Sport.--Regular Practice to Begin at 3.

About 125 men attended the meeting of track candidates held in the Assembly Room of the Union last night. Manager R. C. Floyd '11 presided and addresses were delivered by W. F. Garcelon L.'95 and Captain R. C. Foster '11.

Mr. Garcelon emphasized the fact that men, without any apparent ability in track should not allow that fact to interfere with their coming out. Many of Harvard's best athletes have been developed while they were in College. If a man makes up his mind to do a task, he can do it. Next year Harvard will need sprinters, half-milers, and hurdlers. Now is the time for these men to be developed. There are three fundamentals, which are absolutely essential to a successful career on the track. The first is to be there promptly; the second, to be there regularly; and the third, to keep training.

Captain Foster gave a brief outline of the season's schedule, which begins with the handicap games April 13. He urged the men to realize that a schedule of victories was the goal to be aimed at. He also announced the appointment of Frank Joseph O'Brien, of Roxbury, as temporary captain of the 1914 team.

The regular work for all the track candidates will start this afternoon. All the runners are to report to Coach Donovan every afternoon between 3 and 4.30 o'clock. The field candidates will continue to report to Coach Quinn at the Hemenway Gymnasium one week more.